Thursday 27 December 2012

Zuma may have a point.....

President Jacob Zuma had a point, but missed the opportunity to make it clear. It is common place for whites to treat their dogs better than other people and it is a trend among black people nowadays. 

This is not an attack on white people. But a way of saying to black people; "who are you?". Most black people suffer serious identity crisis. They are diluted by the living conditions that demonise our own customs. And consequently it also erodes humanity. 

Sometimes I find it nauseating on the amount of money people both black and white will spend on their dogs, the cost of dog food, vet bills, housing, and dressing dogs as if they were people. Have we forgotten that these are only animals, where is the humanity when I as a person will spend R600 to R1200.00 a month on a couple bags of upscale dog food because I want "Fido" to eat well, but refuse to understand or acknowledge that some people have nothing to eat. We can't even see that they are trying to feed their families on R250.00 a month in food stamps. 

South Africa has people who cannot afford to go to the doctor to have a common cold treated because of the cost or they have no medical aid. The backlog of apartheid still prevents decent medical care to our people.  But I will take my dog to be treated for the Parvovirus and think nothing on flopping down R2900.00 so my dog will not suffer, that is insanity. 

I understand when people  treat their dogs well but there is a limitation on how much money we spend on them.
I wouldn't treat them better than my neighbour who may have nothing. So yes I see Zuma's point.

I like the challenge  on black women who straighten their hair  and buy weaves to have long hair to Europeanise themselves to conform to standard of beauty. 

Black people throughout the world are losing their pride and culture in being black with our emulation on conforming to the white standard in everything we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment