Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Perfect Sinner by Matuba Mahlatjie

Being the perfect sinner is enjoying and feeling the joy of imperfection. I want to be the perfect sinner. The one that would kiss your best friend and go all out for you not to find out. The sinner that would buy you flowers on his way back from my lover. 

The sinner that patronises guilt and enjoy the fruits of imperfection. I want to be the sinner that would know about your extra marital affair and not confront you. Your imperfection is the dagger that eliminates my own guilt. I am a religious sinner. 


The one that laughs in private when caught, but works hard to keep you. Keep you in my bed. Keep you in my imperfect world. While everyone longs to be like Jesus – I hide behind the alter and gobble up the Holy Communion wine. I shackle myself in the imperfect world. I am devoted to being that sinner. The perfect one. The one that makes mends for the imperfections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment