Thursday 24 August 2017

Doesn't matter how long, but how much!

You, Kamo and Palesa. Palesa is going to high school next year
and Kamo is also grown and keeps writing poems about 
Malom' Lesley. We miss you
I am always going through our photographs  and keeping your beautiful face alive in my mind. I realised you and I documented our life together from the very beginning. I came across photos of your first sleep over. Memories just started flooding into my head. I'm all smiles now thinking about those good days and the many good memories that came after that.

Many people say nine years together is a long time. I guess it is, but the many years we've been together were fuelled by the passion and effort we put into this thing. The reason for the nine years comes from how much we've invested to make it work. There were many opportunities to call it quits. But we always chose to see the possibility of another chance. Over and over again, we renewed the love and passion for each other. We just never looked back. I keep saying your forgiving heart and your love for me amaze me. 

You taught me to love, forgive and to embrace every challenge with the resilience to safeguard our journey. I saw a picture of you from 2009 with your wedding band on. It suddenly clicked how we didn't waste time choosing a "forever" arrangement. We didn't even know each other that well. Without pressure, we both kept going and fixed what broke along the way. 

Thank you for the laughter. Thank you for the challenging lessons. And thank you for loving me. I miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment