Tuesday 29 August 2017

From strength to strength

The only thing that doesn't changeIn this picture is my weight. 
But we hada lot of Aromat to make us look great. And boy, We 
felt great too! 2010 vs 2016
You and I watched each other grow. A "living together" relationship was new to both of us. It overwhelmed us at times. It fulfilled  us most of the time. We took solace in the many years we've been together and the path we walked to get to our happiness and contentment.  If I had to use material or things that money can buy, I'd still come to the same conclusion that we really watched each other grow.

We didn't have much when we met. But we were too drunk in love to notice that we were the laughing stock, sometimes of the gay community we thought we belonged to. We lived in my patents' back room. That was our love nest for many, many years. We were not deterred. We actually laughed along with everyone. Except we laughed cause we made each other so happy. 

We were happy till the day you died. I have no one to look back with, to see how far we've really come. In my previous post I spoke about how you continued to write our love story, when I thought it was over. I look at pictures from many years ago, I have a good laugh because they remind of days when we made things work with very little resources.  We made it fun. We made it easy. I wouldn't call it struggles. It was preparation for great things that followed. Not just material, but there was spiritual growth. And that's what kept us together. You would always say to me, especially when we were happy, "Ke tswa kgole le wena baby ". I knew exactly what you meant because I was there with you every day. Friends came and left. Seasons changed, but we remained.

We were so close we spoke to each other every day even when we "broke up". Even the big break up back in 2011. Hahaha. We even had lunch together on some of those days. 

It's difficult to focus on the strength I have now and not the pain. Ke utlwile botlhoko. But you are the light into this darkness. And I want to thank you for coming into my dreams. 

Today I just wanted to say thank you for the journey. I was laughing when I thought of when our Toyota Yaris was our only car and we shared it. Years later we had more than that. Enough to say we have worked hard. We had choices we couldn't make years ago. Little did I know, one of the measures we use to gauge our growth is the one that will kill you. The car that you loved. 

I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment