Friday 11 August 2017

Letters you wrote to me

I'm sharing with you some of the many letters and cards Lesley wrote to me. I have censored them obviously and left out those he wrote when he said he was leaving me. Hahaha. He usually came back. And wrote me even more love letters. He had a beautiful handwriting. I knew love because of this man.



This one made me giggle a lot. We were still dating and not yet calling each by our pet names.
So formal and proper. It was second graduation back in 2008. We had just met.

This was after my appointment as News Editor was confirmed at eNCA.
He kept on telling me I got the job before the interview. "Your success, is my success"
that's what he always said. Whether good things happened for me or for him. That quote comes from a warm, deep place.
We watched each other grow. 

My birthday. I cannot remember which year this was. I have 9 birthday gifts and cards from him,
That's how long we've know each other. He made all of them special.

This was not so long ago. I had been complaining about work load and not being able to spend time with him.
We were almost becoming our parents. Talking only logistics and not so much about us and having fun as we did.
He penned this letter to allay my fears. We were going through a really tough time.

This was one of those. Out of the blue love letters. The last one he got me. June 2017.
Not knowing he would be gone the next month. My man.

No comments:

Post a Comment